Sunday, March 9, 2008

WHERE AM I!!!!!!

OKay I made it to Niger! And let me start by saying that I have a new address and please send lots of letters and DRIED FRUIT would be amazing!!! So far everything has been good. I'm settling in well with the country. Culture shock was a bitch, but I think everything is going to be okay! This Friday is our swear-in and finally after two hard months of training we'll be PCVS!!!! YAY! I'll try to post more next time and get some photos up! But I miss you all!

P.S. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in Ghana!!!

LOVE,

Amina
(Oh yeah I have a new African name)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola Amina,
(I like this name more than the other one.) Got your letter yesterday. Sending you some back-dated letters this week (and a book). Will look around for dried fruit.

(Amused by the culture shock.) Yeah, anasaras are rarities in those parts.

Unknown said...

awe i am glad everything is going good we miss you a lot here in ILM :-)

Anonymous said...

I like Kaylee myself. But, hey go with what feels right, right?! When in Rome, and all that jazz. I have been writing you for the past month but have yet to send anything. I am glad to hear you are moving right along. Good luck with your 1/2 marathon. How far is that? You might run faster if you get a lion to chase you. Help build up the stamina. Hows the heat. I see that it is always hot but there seems to be little if no humidity so it wouldn't be stuffy. Keep ol TeeTom the Brown Bear in your heart and mind cause Kay Kay the Cranky Panda is still around in these parts. Hope to hear from you soon. Expect a package.

Dried fruit huh. What, no Ron Popiel dehydrators over there?